Friday 25 October 2013

Development of Contents Page

This is the initial thoughts on my contents page. I am trying to link it to the colours featured on my front cover, including colour scheme and anchorage linking to the cover lines.
The size of the number seen on the picture in magazines generally tends to connote the importance of the feature, and so I am taking this into consideration here.
In this version of my contents page i have added another picture, to make the page look busy. However i can now see that the '27' from the picture has been overlapped by a picture, so will change that. I will also adjust the sizes of the pictures and possibly how they are layered as im not completely happy with them. However I have added an editors note, which I am happy with as this is a key convention of a contents page. I do think that it could be smaller though, so will adjust that.








This is the final version of my contents page, I have continued the theme of the mast head through to make the brand recognisable. I am pleased with my final design, and like the way the 'contents' over laps the first picture. It connoted the casualness of the magazine, and think it looks effective. I started off with the pictures overlapping in a list with all of them straight, however I think by slanting them it creates the look of scattered pictures and again makes it look more casual in relation to the audience it's aimed at. The anchorage seen is shown by the numbers on the pictures highlighting the features shown on the front page, and size of the numbers representing the importance of each article (biggest for  headline ect). An editors note has been added as this is a conformity to contents pages, usually relating to features of the interview in a more informal, friendly way. The features have also been sorted into categories, making them easier to find for the readers. Fonts have been continued from the front cover, again continuing a theme and making the magazine look more together and professional, along with colour. The subject of each of the headings has been made white, allowing it to stand out amongst the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment