Tuesday 22 October 2013

Development of College Magazine

So far I've chosen a picture of Scarlett. I made this decision based on the colour of the image as t was also between the other picture of Amelia. I originally started the front cover with the image of Amelia (seen on preliminary ideas), but changed the main image to this one as I thought that the colours were more eye catching, and wanted to develop a colour theme from the vibrant colour of her hair, and the general brightness of her clothes and the background allow cover lines to stand out.

Both the images of Amelia and Scarlett would've been appropriate and useful, as they both allow the left third to be used which is a key feature.
This is a next step to my front cover development, I have added a plug to make the price stand out. It is a cheap, affordable magazine as it is students that are going to be buying it. I think to improve I want the mast head to stand out more, so will make it slightly bigger. I like the banner at the bottom of the page, and a left third is also developing. I think I will also adjust the way the headline 'Scarlett Willans' slightly.
I have made several changes to my front cover, in that I have edited the mast head so that I think it stands out more. It is bigger now, and I've also made a bolder outline on the 'S', to make it stand out more, and it is in a different font, so that the 'S' looks more like handwriting like a student would do. I think that I need to move down the price plug, as it looks too close to the edge of the cover.
I'm going to adjust the headline still, as I'm not happy with it yet, and also the '16 ways..' will be changed.
This is my final front cover for my college magazine, and several changes have been made from the last version of it. As I was going to do, I have changed the price, moving it further into the centre of the circle. I've also added the date and the issue number, making it look more professional. A barcode is also situated at the bottom of the page, and this is where it will be found every issue. The issue number ect are all conventions of magazine front covers, and so my magazine conforms to these. Another convention that features is the left third, something i have taken into consideration when creating my cover. The main image of Scarlett is mainly on the right side of the cover, allowing the cover lines to be found on the left side, and the mast head to be mainly on the left, making it visible on the shelves and easily identifiable.
I've changed the colours of the reds slightly, to make them darker and more vibrant than the slightly faded red that was used before. This makes it stand out more on the covers, and also the headline of 'Scarlett Willans' is darker red than the rest, connoting that it is the most important. The '16' has been made larger, to emphasise how much information is really in there, and each cover line is accompanied by an exclamation mark, to attract attention and excite readers.The cover follows a colour theme of red, white and black, which all stand out against the background but also link into the brightness of the main image.

No comments:

Post a Comment