Monday 6 January 2014

Development of Double Page Spread

For my double page spread I've decided to use his picture for my background. It will stretch across the whole page, however in order to achieve a professional look my band members needed to be on one page, whilst my text is on another. I used the photoshop tool to cut around the people, and move them across the page. This left a whole in the background of the picture though, so the ------ tool was used to copy and fill in the space.







I am happy with how my double page spread turned out, and I think that the double image has a good effect on the page, catching the readers attention. The layering of the two images on photoshop allowed me to present the band as I wanted, with two sides of them being shown. The first picture showed their professional, musical image and the second shows the real them, as friends and laughing with each other. The layering shows the double life, and also presents my skills with the technology used. I did have trouble with the layering image, as the first picture I tried to use had a blurry image of Alice, the lower girl. This meant that I had to retake a picture on a different day, which resulted in a lot of editing to try and make skin tones/hair colour/top colour, however I think that I managed to create a good image that worked with the original. I then put this with the original picture of Amelia. I staged my shoot with this background as I think that it connotes the authenticity of the band, and their humble beginnings are presented which are also discussed in the interview. I have advertised where to follow 'Tones' on twitter again, at the bottom of the page, as it links to the interview in the fact that this is an exclusive, offering the chance for more interviews online. The more followers online, the higher the fan base and readership. The style of the page fits with the house style, and colour scheme of the rest of the magazine, whilst identifying that this feature is exclusive and special through the font of the headline which has not yet been seen through the magazine, and helps to enhance the exclusivity of the interview and highlight the new band in terms of the magazine. The whilte colouring of the text makes it stand out against the dark background, whilst allowing me to highlight key terms and pull quotes with the purple colour, which highlight the key parts of the interview quickly for the reader. 







No comments:

Post a Comment